Visão geral das avaliações de usuário

Sobre o Clear Estimates

Clear Estimates is a construction estimating system for remodelers and contractors which allows them to create estimates, produce bid requests, draft proposals, manage customers and more. It integrates with QuickBooks and allows...

Saiba mais

Ordenar por:
Lynette C.

Avaliado em 03/11/2018

Super time saver

The customer service is outstanding. I had a one-on-one call with CSR to help with a few questions I had, and he was extremely helpful - patiently explaining those things I was confused about. With the new search feature, I am now extremely happy with this product and am very glad to have found it.

Vantagens

How much faster it is to put accurate estimates together. I also like ability to adjust the labor rates and hourly multiplier for bigger crews. The templates help make sure I don't miss including necessary parts to the proposals, and the ability to edit items for individual jobs is easy and convenient.

Desvantagens

At this time, it does not integrate with QuickBooks Online, something that I have been told they are working toward. I found adding Alternates to the quote to be a little confusing with all the different areas that they can be entered, and still do to a certain extent.

Resposta de Clear Estimates

Hi Lynette! Thank you so much for the feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying the recent changes. Everything we have done is based on our customer feedback. The new search feature should allow for much faster estimating. Our Quickbooks online integration is coming very soon. Within the next couple weeks, actually! I'll have a member of our team reach out regarding alternates - we're happy to provide a more in depth explanation about those. - The Clear Estimates Team

Respondido em 16/11/2018
Joel M.

Avaliado em 24/11/2019

Best investment in construction

The biggest benefit to this is having accurate quoting. Since I started using it, I was able to increase my profit margins from 10% to 30% and capture more clients along the way.

Vantagens

This is easily one of the best investments I have ever purchased. With quarterly pricing updates and customization proposal forms, it allows me to stand out from other companies with clear and professional quotes and bids. I've done over 100 bids on here and probably capture 80%-90% of the clients.

Desvantagens

This doesn't have a simple feature to convert my quotes into itemized invoices once completed. If it had that feature, this would be all that I would need. It took a while to get used to and to modify for my needs (and I still need to change a few things), but once I got the templates set up, it was fine.
Some of the categories use the wrong labor code so I have to pay attention, but that is relatively a small deal.

Resposta de Clear Estimates

Thanks for taking the time to write this, Joel! It's great to hear the software has not only helped increase professionalism but also increase your margins! Our team is actually working on a feature to itemize invoicing. This is something we're very excited about and will let you know when it is active. Thanks again - The Clear Estimates Team.

Respondido em 25/11/2019
Marty H.

Avaliado em 25/07/2016

Review Clear Estimates

Never heard about web based upgrade. was using old version till saw Wyatt's presentation using the upgraded system. Would have been nice to hear from CE that this was available. Much better application for my business.

Vantagens

Keeps me organized and on track, I dont miss anything on quote.

Desvantagens

Very glitchy, many time need to get out of program and sign back in when it freezes or fails to respond

Resposta de Clear Estimates

Marty, thanks for writing us a review. I'm sorry that you were not notified when our software became cloud based. This is something we should have alerted you to. With that said, we are happy that our software keeps you on track and organized. Thank you for being such a loyal customer of Clear Estimates. - The Clear Estimates Team.

Melhores alternativas ao Clear Estimates

Grant K.
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses

Avaliado em 23/01/2021

Well-Designed Estimating Software for Small to Mid-Sized Construction Businesses

Clear Estimates has saved me countless hours over the past few months. I used Contractor Foreman previously and Clear Estimates may not include as many project management-related features, but it is far and away the better choice for putting together estimates, quotes, and project proposals.

Vantagens

Once you modify the provided tasks to fit the projects you do and the way you bid your work, Clear Estimates allows you to bid out the standard components of a project by the piece or by area. If you track the actual time and materials required to complete a particular component over many jobs and get an accurate figure for the per piece or per square foot cost, this method of bidding can save you a huge amount of time by allowing you to extrapolate from the number of pieces/area of the installation to an accurate estimate of the time and materials required. Once the library of pieces has been built out or adapted, you can create a finished estimate in a few minutes.

Desvantagens

The system for adding sales tax to a proposal is a little clunky, but if you're familiar with the various tax rates in your work area, it's only a minor inconvenience.

BuilderTREND

Razões para escolher o Clear Estimates

Contractor Foreman was superior to trying to stick estimate projects, but it wasn't made to estimate jobs by area, which becomes more attractive as you collect data from previous projects to use to improve future bidding.

Software anterior

Contractor Foreman

Razões para mudar para o Clear Estimates

Although Buildertrend has a lot of impressive features, for a small remodeling company such as mine the small subset of those features that we could make good use of isn't worth the big price tag.
Kyle H.

Avaliado em 17/12/2020

Over all I am very satisfied with the program.

Vantagens

Easy to put together an estimate with in minutes.

Desvantagens

Reports page needs more options. You should be able to put the disclaimer, project disruption etc... any where you would like. Right now it’s gets all jumbled at the top of e proposals.

PlanSwift

Razões para escolher o Clear Estimates

Xactimate is not a user friendly software for estimating new construction.

Software anterior

Xactimate

Razões para mudar para o Clear Estimates

Price and easy to navigate
Cabel M.
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

Avaliado em 10/07/2020

Great product

This system is great for construction. This system has let me grow my business in a short period of time.

Vantagens

The pre loaded templates and tasks allowed me to go from putting out 3-5 estimates a day to 15-25 estimates a day.

Desvantagens

Hate that you can not filter the customer list better. Here are some of the filter options I need.
Filter customers to see who hasn't paid yet.
Filter by approved, open and declined jobs.

BuilderTREND

Razões para mudar para o Clear Estimates

Referral from a colleague. No up front cost.
Robert C.

Avaliado em 04/03/2020

Great tool

Overall clear estimates has been extremely helpful building estimates and has saved time estimating projects

Vantagens

The customer service is excellent, website is easy to use and very customizable presents information in easy to use context.

Desvantagens

I wish there was an option to use offline, some of the templates and parts are hard to find, I wish there were more parts and a different way to sort them or an alternate way to search phrases or components maybe smart assist estimate building like a questioner about the project being estimated then an ai suggest components to add or a way to review your estimate for errors.

John L.
  • Setor: Materiais de construção
  • Usado Diariamente durante Avaliação gratuita

Avaliado em 30/10/2020

Estimate review

Very easy and convient to use out in the field.

Vantagens

It's really easy to use . I like how it helps with prices and any questions I have I get a same day response. Very happy with software.

Desvantagens

I won't let me send as a text message only email.

Kim M.

Avaliado em 20/07/2016

Overall a good product

We have been overall happy with the program. It is really hard to teach someone new how to use it though. We have a new employee and there have been several huge mistakes that have costs our company money in the long run due to over seeing some things.

Vantagens

Produces estimates fast, great to keep track of jobs, easy to change estimates for customers, cuts down on the time spent on the estimate

Desvantagens

The search function is not great at all. It take a long time and rarely find what you need. The organization of parts seems to not be consistent. Sometimes the removal of things are within the right categories and sometimes they are in a general category. It is very time consuming to have to look in both categories. It does not integrate with quickbooks, which would make sending estimates a lot easier. Right now we have to save to word and then go to email and select the document to send to a customer, very time consuming.

Hi Kim,
Thank you so much for taking the time for writing the review, we really appreciate it and glad you are generally happy with the product.

I'll get in touch with you to hear more about the error you were talking about with your new employee. We're always looking for ways to improve the software so hearing about a problem like that will help us avoid it in the future.

We also do integrate with Quickbooks, so I'll help you work through that.

Jack
Clear Estimates Support

Respondido em 20/07/2016
Kimberlie L.

Avaliado em 03/11/2020

New kid in town

Since opening my buisness Jan 2020 . This has been my saving grace. Thank you for the free.trial thank you for writing a program I can learn on the fly . I love it

Vantagens

I would describe this software as organized and simple. Being an electrical contractor the ease of converting this program into what I need was easy. Any questions I had either my teenager would figure it out for me or an email to Support and they are back with you that day sometimes within the hour. Very friendly and they speak on my level.

Desvantagens

My only request for a change is the ability to accept payments. I would also like a way to see more than 4 items on my list at a time. I really don't many complaints

Arnold M.

Avaliado em 09/02/2017

My Clear estimate review.

I've been using Clear estimates software for about 4 years and the Program is very compatible with other programs out there. What makes Clear estimate different is that it is user-friendly and the layout of the program is very professional. When I hand my estimate over to my customer it's very well laid out and detailed . What I like most about Clear estimate Besides it's layout it pretty much covers all the trades. But the best thing is that it's very affordable for contractors like me that runs a small business.

Vantagens

What I like most about this software is being able to set up Parts & Templates which makes putting together an estimate a lot faster which means you have more time to oversee your business.

Desvantagens

The thing I least like about this software is not being able to use it for insurance work. What I mean by that is some jobs I get may be from insurance companies and the estimate might call for dehumidifiers and fans board ups stuff like that. But I can get by with it.

Kevin C.
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses

Avaliado em 15/03/2017

Great product it has helped my business.

I do not like the estimating side of my business cause I am bad at it and I tend to be optimistic which causes me to short myself in the long run. I started using this product to help me with the process to get estimates out faster and to know I am giving a good estimate that doesn't short me. It has helped me in that aspect for sure. The customer service is superb. There is this little icon u click and send them a msg with your questions and they get back to you in a timely fashion. The nice thing is the msg comes back in the program and they also send me an email. So if I am in the field working I know they have responded with an answer when I get the email. I love how you can email the estimate right from clear estimates and the estimate looks very professional. You can customize the formal estimate to how ever you like. Also if you don't like the prices they give you, you can easily adjust them for that estimate per item. Or you can customize that item to show up every time with your adjustment in price on every estimate. The customization to the items and pricing is endless. I have had to add very few new items they have so much to chose from already. The program is easy to use. I could teach my 11 year old to use it if I needed to. I have had nothing but great success using there program. They also give u a free trial to use it first. Take the free trial and try it you won't be dispointed. I am surprised this program does not cost more. I have made up for its cost monthly in the more money I am making due to its estimates. Thank you clearestimates.

Vantagens

Easy of use, price, use on any device, customer support, the quarterly updates for pricing, and formal look of the estimates, and being able to email the directly from clearestimates to my customers.

Desvantagens

Does not import directly in to quickbooks online. If it did that it would be perfect for me. I prefer using quickbooks online so I can use the program from any where like clearestimates.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the review. It is our number one priority to help you win bids, and I am thrilled our software has helped you to do so.

In the future, we do plan to integrate with QuickBooks online. We'll be sure to let you know when that happens.

As always, let us know if any questions come up!

- The Clear Estimates Team

Respondido em 16/03/2017
Chuck R.
N/D

Avaliado em 14/04/2017

Worth every dollar!!!

I used this software when it first came out. Now it has come a long way on appearance and functionality. As far as learning a new software, the curve was easy for me. If you are a small contractor this is a must for speed of quoting and accuracy. Also with the reports function you look as professional as the big guys. If you want to step up your company, get Clear Estimates!!!

Vantagens

Easy to learn. Professional looking reports. The ease of updates prices for material and labor. Customer support is spot on. And the software was created by remodelers that understand the struggle. They are always striving to make the software better.

Desvantagens

Some minor software updates could be done. A mobile version could also help a lot more small business.

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for the review! We're happy to have you on board again. We are thrilled to hear you like the improvements we've made since you have been gone. We appreciate the kind words. Happy estimating!

Respondido em 14/04/2017
Zack B.
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos

Avaliado em 22/08/2018

Only great experiences using Clear Estimates!

I've been a Clear Estimates subscriber for several years now and couldn't imagine what I'd do without the program.

Vantagens

I'm not very technologically advanced and struggle greatly with estimates as well. Clear estimates was as easy to work with as possible and the real selling point for me is their amazing customer service. I will never be great at using any software but several times I have emailed questions or called their customer support and I have always been able to speak with a live person who smoothly assists me through my issues. The quick response time is amazing and I have grown to count on their availability to help me with any issues and they have never let me down.

Desvantagens

If I had to choose I guess I'd like it to be a bit cheaper but in all honesty it is a really good value and worth every cent. But who doesn't want everything a bit cheaper?

Resposta de Clear Estimates

Hi Zack! We appreciate you taking the time to write this. It's our priority to familiarize you with the program and to help you resolve any issues should they come up. It's great to hear our support staff has been helpful in doing so. Thank you for taking the time to write this and know that we will continue to provide you with the best tool we can. - The Clear Estimates Team

Respondido em 28/08/2018
Mark B.

Avaliado em 02/11/2018

Perfect Answer to Estimating

Been with them from the start up , great customer service and always striving to make things better
for remodeling estimating .
We searched and tried many other software options for estimating our large projects , maintenance , and repairs and were pleased to find CE nailed it for quoting everything we do and almost instantly made our estimating chore quick and painless.

Vantagens

User Friendly / Excellent adjustable database / Easy to make proposal changes for re-submittal /Proposals that Clients Complement Every time

Desvantagens

No Cons with this software , we adjusted to fit our needs .

Resposta de Clear Estimates

Hi Mark! Thank you for taking the time to write this. We've appreciated your support over the years. It means a lot to us to know that Clear Estimates has been a helpful solution for your estimating needs. We do our best to continually update the program based on customer feedback. We hope you are enjoying the new changes! - The Clear Estimates Team

Respondido em 16/11/2018
Jason B.

Avaliado em 27/03/2020

Great software for the technically challenged tradesman.

I am able to have faster turn around times on my quote generation for my potential new customers. I really like the invoice and payment options. Make running a business more streamlined and efficient.

Vantagens

I am not a very technical guy. I work in the trades and I can repair most anything. Clear estimates is easy for me to learn and use. The training videos are extremely helpful. If I can use this software to generate professional quotes anyone can. Anytime I have needed personal assistance over the phone they were always there for me. They want me to be successful using this software. It is very customizable to fit your business weather it be a Handyman/remodeling business or general construction.

Desvantagens

Honestly the cons are all pointing at me the operator. I am learning as I go and not very good using any technology. I can use clear estimates and get better with it on every project.

Sheen F.

Avaliado em 25/07/2016

Easy to use, unassuming software for remodel estimating - Saves hours of work.

After using both the downloaded and cloud versions of this software for about 4 years, I can't imagine how I ever did without it. Previous to this we used QB to estimate our projects, which was a time consuming and tedious process that seemed like it always being done from the ground up on every project.

Once the initial time of a 1/2 day to a day is invested to set this software up to fit your business needs, even the most complicated proposal or estimate can be completed in an hour or less, with many of our standard proposals being generated in 15-30 minutes.

Vantagens

Easy to use, great support, cloud storage

Desvantagens

Little technical items like having to manually fill and delete lines in individual categories

Resposta de Clear Estimates

We are thrilled to hear that Clear Estimates has saved you hours of work, Sheen. You have been with us for a few years now and we appreciate your loyalty very much. Happy estimating! - The Clear Estimates Team

Walter M.

Avaliado em 02/08/2016

Personal Review

I have used the software and do appreciate the way it does the calculation. There are some areas that could use improving. Most of my estimating is for outdoor structures and may be it is me but it is hard to find a set of items that I use in my work. We do structures for outside like water features, fire features, Pergolas... It may be because i do not know where to look to find these items. I know I can construct my own I just do not have the time. I have also found that the prices our a tad high for my region even though I use a local area for cost estimating. If it is possible for there to be an area for the above items to be added would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy using the software.

Vantagens

Help out a good bit in my estimating . Like how items are arranged in there categories. I need to attend a call to help me set up some of the line items listed above. Love how the customer support is always there to help!!!! Love the way that allows you to go in and change/manipulate the results.

Desvantagens

Could have categories in other areas. What I do not like about the software has it benefits as well . When you input the customer info it draws on past results which is awesome but at the same time it can be a issue. Not that much of a bigge

Resposta de Clear Estimates

Thanks for the kind words, Walter. We are glad to hear that our software has improved your estimates. As you know, Clear Estimates is fully customizable, allowing you to create as many line items as you wish. I would be happy to set up a call with you to explain how to create some custom outdoor features. Be on the look out for an email. - The Clear Estimates Team.

Respondido em 03/08/2016
Keith S.

Avaliado em 27/07/2016

estimating basics

I bought this after trying several others. As a small business, I couldn't afford to spend a lot of money up front.

Vantagens

The estimates seem to be right on for both Materials costs and the labor hours. As my own fault, I don't put enough overhead in the projects.

Desvantagens

I wish I could edit the markups on the alternates individually

I wish I could print out the alternates in detail on a combined report, not separately
I wish the tree would expand based on specifics (more like a windows tree) as opposed to scrolling down the whole thing, then having to scroll back up to close.

I wish there was some way to track the projects... i.e. bids submitted, waiting on customer. signed.. completed.

Resposta de Clear Estimates

Hi Keith, thanks for taking the time to review our software. We are happy to hear that Clear Estimates pricing is accurate for your area. Individual markups is something we would like to implement in the future. Thanks for the input. - The Clear Estimates Team

Jarad P.

Avaliado em 17/09/2018

Fast setup, Easy to use, great support

I have used this software online with 5 different companies including my own its very easy to swap back and forth between companies.

Vantagens

Sign up, you online quickly and its super easy to setup and if you have a question you get an answer and you get it quick.

Desvantagens

could use some more localized things added as different regions have different things they do due to weather for example.

Resposta de Clear Estimates

Hi Jarad! We appreciate your review. It's great to hear that our team has answered all of your questions as they come up. We're glad Clear Estimates has been useful for all of your business estimating needs. As far as local items, we'll will have a member of our team reach out to see if you have any suggestions for your specific area! - The Clear Estimates Team

Respondido em 19/09/2018
Barry O.
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

Avaliado em 27/02/2017

Home Improvement Clear Estimate Review

This is the second time for me using Clear Estimates. After not using the program for a couple of years, I was surprised at the updates made, that made it easier and faster to develop my estimates, and the fact that the cost for the program had remained the same. The support and the new videos are fantastic. I have recommended it to several of my friends, who are also contractors. The nice thing is, the more you use it the faster and easier it gets. I do a lot of the same kind of jobs, and now all I need to do is copy an old estimate when doing a new one. I can see what I estimated on the old one that was high or low and make adjustments and if needed, add or subtract items as needed. This is really made easy with this program, and keeps my estimates more consistent. The Proposal and contract part of the program is great and can be customized with little time and effort. I highly recommend this program over the 3 others I have used. None were this complete or easy to use for the cost.

Easy to use, and cost.

Desvantagens

I do Wish it had more small Home Improvement cost items.

Hi Barry,

We're happy you've found our support articles and videos to be helpful. We do our best to provide as many resources as we can to make sure our customers succeed.

Thanks for the home improvement part suggestion - we will look into it.

- The Clear Estimates Team

Respondido em 07/03/2017
Jon W.
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

Avaliado em 01/10/2016

works FLAWLESSLY

I've been using "CLEAR ESTIMATES" for about 6 months. I put very little time into learning how to use this software, (I basically jumped right in) and the estimates get done flawlessly. If I have a question I go to the tutorial videos and they walk me right thru it, and if there's a question I can't find an answer to. (Hasn't happened yet) I can press the question mark at the bottom of the page and there's someone from "Clear Estimates" there to answer. They did quite a job building this software and putting all the videos and webinars together. I should also add, the videos and webinars are free. I started out using a different estimating software, from a well known company. It was a huge headache. There was zero support, No training videos, just a class that was available once every 6 months for $500. They can't hold a candle to "Clear Estimates" last estimating software you'll ever need.

Professional looking, easy to use. VERY EFFECTIVE

Resposta de Clear Estimates

Hi Jon, thanks for the kind words! We are so glad to have had you on board for the last several months. Happy estimating! - The Clear Estimates Team

Respondido em 12/10/2016
Alan H.

Avaliado em 29/07/2016

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Response time to some questions is lengthy. Some functions don't work as easy as you would think. Accessing the drop down box on current customers I challenging, you hit the drop down arrow for the customer list and the list goes away. You have to continue to hit the drop down arrow.

Vantagens

Easy add change orders and change prices

Desvantagens

Payment schedule sometimes doesn't stay changed when you go back and forth on different job project.

Resposta de Clear Estimates

Alan, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. Since we are now cloud based, our software is constantly being updated. Look out for a refined customer search feature soon. - The Clear Estimates Team

Respondido em 03/08/2016
Wes B.

Avaliado em 21/07/2016

Clear Estimates software review from Wes Ballinger.

The software works great. The templates are very good, but it is also very easy to customize. I am very happy to have the service.

Vantagens

The fact that you have gone online is great. Not needing to backup my database is wonderful.

Desvantagens

I really don't have any complaints.

Hi Wes,

Thank you for the review. We strive to provide you with a great estimating tool. When you have success, we do to!

Respondido em 24/02/2017
Corey S.
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários

Avaliado em 04/10/2018

Great Etimating Software

We have easily conquered the estimating cross training, easy access from any computer, built in adjustable pricing., as a result, of saving time estimating, we are seeing increased closing rates

Vantagens

I switched from Xactremodel about 6 months ago, and as a small growing business, I can much easier train Clear Estimate software to other coworkers, plus it is web based which makes it very convenient for any user to access from a web browser. I was a fairly smooth transition, As Clear Estimates is very easy to use.

In reference to how the estimating function works it is fantastic. I am able to set my labor rates and multiply by fractions of the hour-the ability to manipulate the clean template make its very easy for our customers to read and understand, as a result, I believe my closing rates have increased by roughy 10%.

Desvantagens

I really can not think of anything I do not like. Sorry, but I love Clear Estimates

Resposta de Clear Estimates

Hi Corey! It's great to hear Clear Estimates has become a useful tool for your remodeling company. It is stories like yours that keep us going. We strive to offer an easy to use, functional and valuable tool and are glad you have found it to be so. Keep up the good estimating and let us know if any questions come up! - The Clear Estimates Team

Respondido em 09/10/2018