Visão geral das avaliações de usuário

Sobre o ShopKeep

ShopKeep By Lightspeed is an iPad and Android POS system for retail businesses, restaurants, bars, franchises and quick-serve businesses. The POS software offers a touch screen interface, when used on an iPad or Android tablet...

Saiba mais

Maria C.
  • Setor: Alimentação e bebidas

Avaliado em 18/07/2019

Awesome User Friendly POS system

I have recommended Shopkeep to everyone I see. I am not sure if it turned int new users but I’m sure my good vibes have trickled down in the community for Shopkeep. My staff also tells customers the POS system that we use and highly recommend it from a users perspective. I started in. September 6 years I believe and no one in Staten Island had a Shopkeep account so I would be interested to see how many accounts there are now and can guarantee some of those are due to the good reviews I give to fellow business owners and customers.

Vantagens

I Love that I could set up the list of products myself with very little direction or training in the back office. I love that I can see sales remotely using the App on my smart phone. I love the ease of accessing holidays sales from the previous years so that I can better prepare for this years holiday. I love that the staff can learn this after 5 minutes and conduct a sale all by themselves with their first customer.

Desvantagens

I wish that the software was able to be used in my new cafe whereby people sit down in my dining area and have waitress service. I wish they had a table layout program to facilitate this need I have in my newest business.

Kelly B.
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo

Avaliado em 29/06/2019

Overall FANTASTIC!!

I absolutely love the system! The customer service is above anything I could ask for! EVERY time I call, each representative knows exactly what I am talking about, and has an answer for me! Quality!!

Vantagens

I handle many herbs that are weighed by the ounce. SK lets me set a price by the ounce, that it calculates when I right up the sale. I love this!
I love the connection to QuickBooks and Mailchimp. I do not have a website yet, but will love when I do, that it can be linked as well!

A few things I would LOVE to see implemented are:
1. A linked-in mobile device (not the $300 one you currently offer that doesn't connect to SK). One that is actually linked into the inventory, and can be used when I have booth events outside of my hard location, during it's business hours.
2. In the items with variations, PLEASE let me move around the variations! I add new variations frequently (as I get new things in), and it would make it so simple if I could alphabetize them as I go. They are all just as I've added them now (out of order!). Also with the tabs, can I please be able to edit the names of the variations as well? Once you've entered the name of the variation, you can't edit the it at all right now.

Jody D.
  • Setor: Hospitais e Saúde
  • Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários

Best out there

We do have an IT department that manages most aspects of shopkeep, including maintaining products, iPad layouts, hardware, networking and reports, so we're fortunate in that respect, but in the few instances that we've contacted ShopKeep for help, they have been very responsive and proactive in getting us up-and-running quickly.

Vantagens

Shopkeep is really easy to use and set up - there is optional customizability and granularity that allows a company to operate as complex a retail or food service business as any small or medium business would want, yet it is scalable to a small business with less complexity too. We are a small, rural hospital with an outstanding Cafe (some people come to the hospital just for the food, and it is considered one of the best places to eat in our community). We use Shopkeep to run the Cafe for employees (who can swipe their ID badge to do a payroll-deduct for their meals), and visitors. In addition, we have a mobile register (iPad) that our dietary staff uses to visit patients on our inpatient wing at meal times to take patient food orders as well. Our patients LOVE this!

Desvantagens

We have been very pleased with the product, and have been using it for over 5 years. The issues we've had are related to the hardware (iPads) and the payment terminal hardware. Even so, these issues have been exceedingly infrequent.

Adam G.

Avaliado em 28/07/2017

It seems they have gone downhill.....

If someone asks for a call don't email. I have lots of questions and need someone knowledgeable for a few minutes to answer them all. Email is inefficient when one of your "answers" leads to more questions and you can't get responses slowly. I would love one person to take ownership of issues and be in easily reachable until the issue is resolved. I don't like having to talk to a new person every time.

Vantagens

The system is fairly easy to use and my new employees are able to learn it quickly. The bird's eye view is very helpful in knowing how we are doing day to day. I really like the comparisons to the same day last year and last month to see we grow month after month. I like the free MailChimp integration, They recently made a lot of updates that have made the system better and returns smoother.

Desvantagens

It seems they are slow to implement updates, they didn't have an android phone app until recently and you can't see tons of info on it. I wish you could pull up past inventory values for specific days or time periods. The EMV capability on our card reader took well over a year to go active. The battery on the ICMP card reader dies in about 30 minutes of being unplugged not even used. You can't edit saved checks and can't do exchanges. They have a newer integration with BigCommerce that I was excited about because we already have a BC store and have to manually sync the inventory between the two. The problem is the integration isn't working with our store and they don't seem to know why. They have escalated the issue and supposedly the Q&A team is working on it but it's been over a month with no progress and it takes days for them to respond to requests for updates. They recently increased the price which is a large percentage increase. I've called service several times and asked for a manager to talk to and no one is ever available. I was told I'd get called back and one time a "lead" emailed me back and never responded to my follow-up email when I asked for a call. I then called again and asked for a manager and was told someone would call me back in 24 hours and no one ever did. I am now actively looking at other systems to replace Shopkeep because they don't call me back. I even tried to look for a regular non "800" number to call and attempt to call and speak to a supervisor but one doesn't seem to exist. I thought the customer service was good in the past but recently it has been horrible.

Resposta de Catherine

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your feedback. We've been actively trying to get in touch with you hoping that we can address some of your concerns. We will continue to reach out to you but please don't hesitate to contact us directly by responding to the most recent email you received from us.

The ShopKeep Team

Respondido em 03/08/2017
Jason V.
  • Setor: Design

i'm into it

it's been great. purchasing and installing it was easy and hassle free. so.....

Vantagens

shopkeep works very very well for us we are a full service floral/design and retail store. We had switched after the first year of using another pos system that was absolutely horrible so shopkeep is a breathe of fresh air. It's easy. It's easy to use. to change things in the back office. easy to get help from customer service if i need it. It's easy for my accounting dept to integrate and access all the info and reports that they need on the daily. I really don't have any complaints. I've talked to some bigger companies within the same industry so I know that shopkeep will be able to grow with us for sure.

Desvantagens

don't really have any. it does everything that we need it to do.

Matt S.
  • Setor: Agricultura
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

Best Decision We Made

It has been a great experience. From startup, how easy it is to use and train new employees on to tech support

Vantagens

Everything. The ease of use and how it never lets us down. If we do have issues, Shopkeep is very quick and responsive to getting us back up and running

Desvantagens

Could use a few more options on the back office

Ralph F.

Avaliado em 21/06/2019

Overall good tool

Useful data collection used to control and improve many aspects of the business.

Vantagens

The back office interface and functionality.

Desvantagens

Initial problems with cash drawer interface.

Genia V.

Great program

As our first leap into an Ipad based point of sale, I have been pleased. There are always learning curves and we seem to get them solved every time.

Vantagens

I like how user friendly the software is as well as affordable it is to set up! The technical support is so easy to use and is always quick to respond!

Desvantagens

We honestly have had some connectivity issues and Shopkeep has always been there trying to help. There are some features I would like to see like bigger print on the tags and the option to do a partial return. I would also like to be able to send an email receipt after the sale has been completed. A current running inventory by department or supplier would be helpful as well.

Shane W.
  • Setor: Alimentação e bebidas

Avaliado em 26/10/2019

Easy, fast and user friendly

Vantagens

It’s been everything for our business. Easy to use. We create new food products often. It’s so easy to add, nice adjust in just a few clicks. Streamlined and easy for our staff to use. It looks great.

Desvantagens

Probably the inventory is our least favourite. We still like it but the spread sheets and reports haven’t been the most user friendly. I still play around with it. Also not being able to track the modifiers.
We would like to correct payment type without having to refund then entering again. Sometime we are so busy, we accidentally hit other when it’s cash and viseversa. It would be nice to just correct.

Anthony D.
  • Setor: Tabaco

Avaliado em 27/06/2019

A great product for business

Overall, we enjoy using Shopkeep

Vantagens

The ease of using the software. Very simple to train on and very self explanatory

Desvantagens

Glitches of logging the user out randomly

Melissa B.

ShopKeep Review

Everything is good except no reaponse on programming concerns like inventory.

Vantagens

Ease of use , cost friendliness, integration with my payment processor

Desvantagens

INVENTORY!!!! It should not be as compli Ted as it is to receive product also no way to perform inventory.

Judith B.
  • Setor: Indústria têxtil

Shopkeep Review

Huge time savings for me regarding tracking inventory. Plus my data is much more accurate.

Love-
Inventory tracking system
Ease of using the POS
Ease of obtaining reports

Desvantagens

The system relies to heavily on making bulk changes using spread sheets. While this is great when loading bulk items, it is great when you just need to change counts that only effect 20 items out of 2000.
Also, my business involves fractions of a whole unit being sold and I often have to go into item to obtain the cost of the good and then go into adjust to change the amount on hand if I'm only reducing by a fraction

Brian M.
  • Setor: Vinhos e licores

Avaliado em 20/06/2019

Great system for most any business..

Very easy to set up and seamless system support is key. The integrated Merchant services is also a plus..One stop support..no more finger pointing!

Vantagens

The ability to manage inventory, the sales and item level reporting, the management reports, and the ability to track my business through a phone app off premise.

Desvantagens

Not mush to dislike..I would like to tweak a couple of reports and inventory and cycle count adjustment tracking (sorting) but all in all very happy with the system overall.

Theresa C.
3,5
3,5

2,5
Avaliado em 02/12/2015

A Necessary Evil

Vantagens

I don't know that there are a lot of vendors out there offering this particular type of product. I do know that ShopKeep touts its service as being geared towards smaller businesses thus an economical pricing structure and the subscription price started at a reasonable fee.

Desvantagens

I'll try to summarize my complaints. ShopKeep's web based program drops credit card sales on too often, thus causing my credit card deposit to be different then what it should be. This causes the difficult chore of researching to verify credit card deposits. For the most part, e-mail support is worthless and the techs often seem confused or unknowledgeable. Phone support can be better, part of which is because I usually demand to speak to someone that knows a bit about the problem. It extremely annoyed me that ShopKeep spent the time, money, and resources rewriting and redesigning the website before they took the time to improve their software. The new website design still has glitches in it or does not work well in all browsers. One of my biggest pet peeves is that ShopKeep sends out a survey on customer satisfaction even before there is a response from customer support. I don't do surveys because I haven't received any support or the support offered isn't adequate.

Michelle O.

Avaliado em 27/10/2019

Goes above and Beyond

Overall, shopkeep is better than I ever expected.

Vantagens

Shopkeep has been easy to use from day 1. The reporting part of it is one of my favorite parts because they make it so user-friendly and they're always looking to the customers on ways to improve.

In addition, their customer service is great. They really go above and beyond until your problem is resolved.

Desvantagens

I wish it came with an actual book manual I could download hand out to the employees during their orientation.

Michael J.

Streamlined as can be...

Minimal. Shopkeep works so well that we never have a need for the service department. To be honest.... I'm actually not sure if Shopkeep even has a service department! lol.

Vantagens

Simple to use. Intuitive. Low learning curve.

Desvantagens

It seems like there are a LOT of updates, and in this world of mobile-phone-update-nightmares.... it worries me that any one of these updates could be shaky in any way? I'm sure Shopkeep is 110% on top of what is best for their software, but then again...... so were the engineers that sent out the last update that crashed my phone.

Patty S.
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo

One major drawback

Great! Just sorry I can't find a solution for the unsearchable field.

Vantagens

Back Office is great, POS is fast, Support is good, labels peel easily.

Desvantagens

I have been asking since my first day to make the Supplier's ID # Field, SEARCHABLE! the way it is, I have to remember off the top of my head, exactly what I named each of over 5000 items in my inventory. Should I miss putting a price label on one, when I try to reprint it, if I can't remember the exact wording, let alone spacing & lettering it's impossible to find it in my system. I can't use my vendor's bar codes because 50
% of my inventory doesn't have manufacturer's bar coding. To save time, I enter it under misc, thus double entering it into my system's inventory. Then I have to remember to go back & subtract it when I finally have the time to search for the actual item again. I can't recommend it to others in my world because it's such a huge factor for me.

Tim B.

Avaliado em 24/06/2019

Shopkeep for me

I have had several issues with the card readers. Shopkeep sent me 3 different card readers before we finally received a good one. Since then we have had zerto issues and everything has been working great!

Vantagens

The simplified ease of use, great backoffice and the ease of training new employees on how to use the system.

Desvantagens

Would prefer a super simple integrated customer loyalty program similar to Square that remembers the customers information when they use their same credit/debit card

Amy F.

Avaliado em 21/06/2019

Great for bakery owners, especially on the road

I am grateful for the software and ap. It makes it easier for me to juggle work and family.

Vantagens

I like that I can watch sales from the road. Did we open on time? Did we sell out of an item? What time? Did a particular sale go through? It makes it possible for me to stay connected to my bakery when I need to work from home, or on the road.

Desvantagens

I wish I could track ONE item over time.

Matt R.
  • Setor: Esportes

Game changer

This system has made us more profitable by giving us all the information we need at our fingertips

Vantagens

This system is so easy to use. I tell all my new staff, if you can use an iPhone you can use this. The inventory system is great. You can always see what you have with a few clicks.

Desvantagens

I wish I could customize the different registers with the products that I carry at that particular location. Some of my outlets don’t have all the same products

David J.

ShopKeep Review

I’m not sure if it’s a Shopkeep issue, a credit card processing issue or an internet issue, but we have times when we’re busy that the reader disconnects and it’s really inconvenient. Seems like a glitch that should be able to be fixed.

Vantagens

Ease of use. Back office is pretty useful.

Desvantagens

I wish they would allow an admin. Control button that can lock out things like employees being able to change their time on the time clock. It would make it more secure.

Kathie S.

Happy customer

I have been a ShopKeep Customer for four years and am overall happy.

Vantagens

Very easy to use. The cost is good. Great customer service. Rarely have issues with down-time.

Desvantagens

Need to offer more than one integrated reward program. Offer smaller add on packages for retail shops that do not sell online. Add buttons to screen for discounting. Some issues with inventory.

Mina W.
  • Setor: Vinhos e licores

Avaliado em 30/06/2019

Easy for everyone

The analytics are amazing. Being able to pick your top customers, leading selling items, most used vendors, margins, etc. is the most valuable tool ShopKeep provides. Being able to go into meetings with our banking team, armed with data, has made us a stand-out with our financial partners.

Vantagens

Customers like the speed.

Employees like the ease and fast training.

Owners like the instant access where ever we are and the flexible features.

Desvantagens

The UPC "gun" is a wee bit slow and at times temperamental (not trap the UPC on the first hit, not connect to bluetooth).

Michael H.
  • Setor: Hotelaria

Very Easy POS System

We purchased a new business more than a year ago & ShopKeep has made the transition process very smooth. Everything was very easy to setup & we were able to start charging customers that very same day. Excellent service.

Vantagens

The setup & adding of additional products is very easy to use. Anywhere from the pricing adjustments to keeping track of employees of hours, this product is the way to go for my hostel/hotel business.

Desvantagens

The only con I would say is that since I don't always keep the iPad next to the clover printer, when I walk away with the iPad in hand to charge the customer or show them something, the clover disconnects. Then to reconnect the iPad to the clover with a customer waiting in line is not always the quickest. I've learned to deal with that so we will still manage.

Jillian G.
  • Setor: Museus e instituições
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários

Definitely Recommend

We have a very easy time training employees on the system. We have a very easy time uploading inventory. There is not much that we haven't found to be easy and intuitive and that is our favorite part.

Vantagens

The ease of use along with the value cannot be understated. We have never had a moment of downtime with Shopkeep in over 2 years. The system is incredibly intuitive and the customer service is top notch.

Desvantagens

We are a museum and we have created a workaround to print tickets in the system. The tickets look similar to fast food kitchen tickets. I wish we could customize these. I am also disappointed that we cannot run reports that show the discount name that was applied to the item and/or transaction. You can run discount reports, but it's not as transactionally detailed as we could use.

159 avaliações