Visão geral das avaliações de usuário

Sobre o Katana

Katana is a modern manufacturing & inventory management software for small and scaling businesses. Its visual interface and smart real-time master planning allow manufacturers to get an overview of the entire business from one...

Saiba mais

Jared H.
  • Setor: Fabricação de alimentos

Avaliado em 25/03/2021

The MRP system I wish I'd always had

Katana's awesome, full stop.

I've been working with manufacturing businesses for years, and for years I've lamented Xero's relatively weak inventory management system. Two years ago I tried literally every MRP app I could find to plugin to Xero; they were all pretty bad.

Along comes Katana, which maybe was around earlier but was "new to me" just this year, and ... wow. Mostly, it Just Works. The Xero integration works seamlessly for bills and sales orders, which speeds AP/AR quite a bit. 90% of the tool's value is outside of Xero though, and I now have a permanently-pinned Katana tab in my browser for tracking everything in the production flow from raw materials purchasing, to production, to sale, to reconciliation of remaining materials and product stock. It's great.

Is it perfect? Not quite. They need to do some performance work, as load times are often a little sluggish. Also, it would be nice to see finer-grained automation, and better contact syncing. But overall, I'm delighted.

Vantagens

- It's really easy to use
- Makes it easy to track materials on hand, reorder, etc
- Calculates margin including labor cost
- Xero integration works perfectly
- Zapier integration makes it really flexible from an automation standpoint
- Really lots of other stuff ... it's truly an excellent product and an outlier in a pretty clunky space.

Desvantagens

It can be a little slow, and the contact syncing could be more robust.

Chris P.
  • Setor: Energias renováveis e meio ambiente

Avaliado em 09/09/2019

Most affordable MRP system for small manufacturers

Katana has been extremely responsive with receiving feedback on the product and working in product improvements based on that feedback. There have already been multiple issues I had with the product early on that they have reacted to feedback on and implemented changes. Great customer service.

Vantagens

I love the value. We were stuck using excel to manage our inventory for a long time because there were no affordable options until Katana came along. I am able to maintain accurate stock levels much more easily now.

Desvantagens

There are a few minor inconveniences that are small time wasters. One example is not being able to shift/ctrl click multiple items and drag them around as a group when reorganizing priority rank of manufacturing orders. Since we have multilevel subassemblies I spend more time dragging around manufacturing orders to organize the order I want them completed in and I could save some time if I could drag items around as a group.

Resposta de Katana MRP

Chris, thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Respondido em 10/09/2019
Avaliador Verificado
  • Usado Outro durante Avaliação gratuita

Avaliado em 05/09/2019

I dont understand all the great reviews

Vantagens

The interface is intuitive. The pricing seems okay.

Desvantagens

This software is seriously lacking features. For all those who wrote reviews saying they love the software, I want to know what industry they work in and how they use the app. It doesnt offer very basic features. You can't bulk edit, you literally need to upload an excel sheet if you want to change several products. There are no images for your products. How does it not support images? This is basic database stuff. And currently, you can only manufacture items from one location! Who's rating this software as great?!

Resposta de Katana MRP

As a fast growing software, we understand the concerns you have with Katana. At our current development speed, all of the mentioned lacking features are made available by the end of this year. Hope you will give us another chance!

Respondido em 30/09/2019
Paul M.

Very Useful

The overall experience has been excellent so far. Katana has helped us transition away from using spreadsheets to track our manufacturing operations and really professionalise our processes. It's an integral part of our everyday operations.

Vantagens

Katana has multiple features which have very useful in improving our manufacturing processes. The ability to create recipes for each product has been a huge help for us as we have quite a lot of raw materials in each finished product.

The Shop Floor app has been brilliant for us to track production/assembly time more accurately. This has been a great help in pinpointing an accurate cost per unit.

Desvantagens

The only aspect that hasn't met our expectations so far has been the batch tracking feature. This is an excellent feature and one that would be so helpful for us. However, we need it to work automatically with our Shopify orders and at the moment sales orders can only be attributed to particular batches if you fulfil them on the Katana dashboard. We need this to happen automatically when our Shopify orders are fulfilled.

Samantha W.

Highly Recommend!

We love it. We use this app to help with our growing business. It has made it so easy to keep up with reordering and be able to manage inventory between two stores! The Katana team makes it so easy to use and offer a lot of help! Highly recommend!

Easy Implementation
Customer Service
Reorder Options

Desvantagens

I wouldn't say this is a con- but we are really excited for the bar code scanning option they plan to roll out in 2021!

Resposta de Katana MRP

Thank you for your review! We are excited to have you as a customer.

Mikaela M.

Intuitive and well designed

Katana has been an asset to our inventory management and production planning. Previously, we were using QuickBooks desktop to manage all inventory. Katana has streamlined our production planning and made it overall more efficient. We have not yet implemented tasks and assigned employees to certain builds, but we appreciate that there is room to grow as we continue to use the system. We continue to use QuickBooks desktop as a separate operating system for accounting purposes and can easily do journal entries to input inventory quantities. We are looking forward to the multi-currency platform Katana will hopefully have soon.

Vantagens

It is intuitive and easy to implement. I like that you can prioritize builds so if we are short on product I can customize which particular build for it to go to.

Desvantagens

I wish we could add materials to sales orders. Sometimes we sell different parts and it would be nice to add those to a sales order.

Scott C.
  • Setor: Mobiliário

Brilliant System

Frees up time. Accurate stock levels. Easily see where in the manufacturing process a job is

Vantagens

Brilliant. Katana has transformed how we managed stock and control manufacturing. The best part is it is simple without unwanted extras that take as much time to maintain as a manual system. Katana is efficient and fast. Integrates well with Xero and Shopify. Highly recommended.

Desvantagens

AMobile App would be brilliant but not essential

Resposta de Katana MRP

Thank you for the review and happy to be growing with you!

Atlas R.
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários

Great Software for Custom Production

We switched to this app to help manage our custom product orders. It is really great at helping us track our costs and meet our delivery standards. It connects natively to Shopify which is a big bonus and helps us pull for our orders more efficiently. It also allows us to manage multiple stores/locations easily and effectively.

Vantagens

The support is always helpful - they've been quick to answer and they have always been able to answer our questions.

We've had this app for about 2 months now, and we are loving it. The adjustment was fairly simple and easy for staff, importing our data was easy and straight forward for setup.

Desvantagens

Would be great if we could count inventory via barcode scanner instead of manually entering qty's and then importing.

Avaliador Verificado
  • Setor: Engenharia mecânica ou industrial
  • Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses

Great Inventory Software

Knowing the real numbers of what I have in stock, what I need to order, how much it will cost me, and how much profit I will accrue is essential for making it to next year. In Katana, these figures are easy to find and keep up with. If I have a question, support is quick to respond and helpful. They are a great company to deal with!

Vantagens

The simple progression from Items to Buy, Make, and Stock to Sell makes it easy for me to maintain best practices in tracking my inventory. The flexibility in making stock adjustments made transitioning easy from confusions in my previous software into an ongoing accounting of what I have. Likewise, integrating with Shopify and Quicken was seamless.

Desvantagens

A more complete inclusion of customer information from Shopify would be useful.

Resposta de Katana MRP

Thank you for the support!

Zach C.
  • Setor: Artigos de luxo e joias

Smooth Operator

It has been great, highly recommend for small to medium business. Very user friendly!

Vantagens

Katana has made our day to day business so much more fluid and stress free. It was easy to build out the product lines, upload product sku's and flip the switch on going live. Game changer!

Desvantagens

On the production schedule front, hoping that the software will eventually lump all the tasks together, I have multiple consumers that order the same item, each order is its own line item instead of being lumped into a group, so our production team needs to scrub the tasks before production starts as to make sure they capture each item, as to not create redunancy in work.

Klaus K.
  • Setor: Maquinário

Avaliado em 21/08/2020

First Impression KATANA - perfect fit for smaller companies which do not need a complex...

For our requirements, set-up and company size the best we could find and test!
We will manage inventory/warehouse with 5000+ items, handle products with ingredients & operations, edit quotes, generate sales orders and mark received orders as shipped for automated invoice generation in Quickbooks. The cloud-based concept and the reduced complexity combined with an intuitivbe operatzion makes this SW easy to install and to work with if you have a team in different geographic locatioopns (as we have).
Set-up of KATANA is absolutely simple, mostl yself-explanatory and can be done by any "power-user" without need of (expensive) external ERP-consultants.

Vantagens

Handling of inventory, items, products, ingredients, sales orders - all this is handled in a very efficient, clear and easy to use way. Makes the difference compared to many alternative MRP-/ERP-systems.
Connector to QuickBooks with automatic trigger for invoices in QB once the products are marked as shipped in KATANA.
Connector to Shopify for on-line sale of spare parts.
100% helpful and open minded customer service - very helpful in helping to understand all features and finding the best workflow for specific situations.

Desvantagens

There are some functions/features which need improvement, e.g. the customization of documents such as Quotations so every company can generate a set of individual template to serve different areas (machines, spare parts, service,..). 3-5 custom fields for Quotes/Sales Orders/Products would be helpful. Althoug KATANA is intended to be a MRP-system it would be helpful to integrate SERVICE-articles (not only MAKE or BUY articles). This would allow to add a possible service portion to a spare parts quote.
Dedicated Delivery Notes (with partial shipments) would be a great feature.

Resposta de Katana MRP

Thank you! Glad you are getting value out of Katana.

Lisa C.
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

Avaliado em 06/02/2020

Met our needs at beginning, as needs grew Katana team listened and added features

We maintain about 1500-2000 SKUS and all assemblers work at home. Some do different steps, returning work weekly and then having it distributed to the next person. Giving every MO an actual number has kept every bag of parts and supplies organized. We can track who has it, where it's at in the manufacturing process, etc. Even though we have used Katana since January, it's the last 3 months that it's really proven it's value to us.

We do not use it for order fulfillment, just in-house manufacturing. But it's allowed us to prep for holiday season from July forward and stay completely organized and efficient. No more "where-did-it-go" or "how-many-have-we-prepped" frantic moments. We began the year knowing we needed a software that "fit" our company's size and our needs. Katana has proven invaluable for our company this year. We are currently doing our first complete inventory and we hope to add these numbers to Katana in 2020 and continue to improve our efficiency.

Vantagens

The ability to use Resources as a way to assign a specific person to each task so I can see who is working on what step of the manufacturing process and the allotted time they are provided for the task. This year we went from contract labor/paid-per-piece to employees/hourly-wage and Katana has made this a much smoother transition then it could have been. Having both "cost-per-piece" for assembly of items as well as "cost-per-minute" has given us the ability to compare former payment procedures with what to expect per hour from employees.

Desvantagens

There are a variety of tasks that were unable to be done when we began using Katana in January 2019 but I am thrilled to say that most of them have been developed. The developers listen and are very attentive to requests, bug reports, and ideas and so despite the fact that some of the features were not available (exporting reports, importing recipes, bulk print MOs/pick lists, etc.) they have added these and the software continues to grow. The next feature I'd love to see is the ability to have a product photo attached to each product that prints out an image with the MO.

Also, we have some items "on hold" (not sent to distribution center yet) and we use Resources to specify ONHOLD-BIN221 etc. to know the status of any particular SKU completed. We'd prefer not to use different locations, but rather have the ability to add a couple more "status" options. Either a misc or a custom. For now, everything on hold gets marked BLOCKED status and then the Resource is used to say it's on hold in whatever bin.

Resposta de Katana MRP

Thank you for very thorough feedback! Love to have you growing with us!

Respondido em 07/02/2020
Ellowyn I.

Avaliado em 06/09/2019

Great choice for small manufacturer

I tried several different MRPs before settling with Katana. Some were too clunky, others too expensive, complicated and elaborate. I felt a bit like Goldilocks. Katana was just right. Reasonably priced. Integrating with Quickbooks and Shopify was simple and efficient. The set up was fast. I no longer have to duplicate data entry onto multiple systems. This saves me times and I don't lose track of orders or inventory. I especially like the instant chat feature with their customer service reps. I can leave a quick message or screenshot of a problem and within a day or so, I have a response back and my problem resolved. No need to hire an expensive consultant, anyone could set up Katana and run it.

Very simple user-interface
Was able to set it up quickly and efficiently
Continual feature upgrades
Simple integration with Shopify & QuickBooks
Very responsive customer service
Detailed, but not overwhelming

Desvantagens

The upload from Excel was clunky and not helpful. It was faster to just enter in the data directly.
There are features I look forward to having but that are not currently available. I know their team will be releasing them in the next year.

Resposta de Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback!

Respondido em 10/09/2019
Denis O.
  • Setor: Impressão

Avaliado em 31/12/2020

Best MRP/inventory manager for small business

Overall, I'm very happy with Katana. Even though I run a small business and the price is relatively high for me, it's still well worth it.

Adding new orders is quick and simple, but more importantly, I can instantly see if I have all the required resources at hand. Even if I have a few dozen pending orders, their coloured chart makes it so easy to quickly see if there are any issues.

Vantagens

Very easy to use without cluttered interface. This was my biggest selling point when comparing Katana to other similar products. Everything is so well organised and easy to glance over, while still offering nearly everything that I need for myself.

I also like that any changes in the inventory are immediately reflected in open orders. This is true for everything that I've used so far; as soon as I make a change in one area, it instantly reflects in all others as well.

Desvantagens

I'm missing one feature, but it's more due to the specific nature of my business. It would be great if I could organize my inventory not just by total combined weight, but broken down into individual units as well.

For example, if my order requires 500g of plastic in one piece, but I have two separate pieces of 250g each, Katana will show that I have enough resources, even though I can't fill my order since I need one unbroken piece.

I've already got in touch with their support about this and they've said my request was put on their wish list, so I'm fairly confident it will eventually get implemented.

Resposta de Katana MRP

Thank you for choosing Katana!

Respondido em 13/01/2021
Brandon K.
  • Setor: Eletrônicos
N/D

Avaliado em 09/02/2020

Perfect for where we're at right now

We chose Katana after trying out a couple different MRP's which were either overly complex, over-priced, or didn't fit our needs. We've stuck with Katana based on it's ease-of-use, intuitive design, and delivery of everything we need it to do.

Vantagens

It's great to be able to log in on any computer without having to install software, and it's done an amazing job of keeping our inventory tidy and up-to-date. The Purchase Order generator has also made us look very professional to our suppliers. The integration with Shopify is also a huge plus to us as it prevents us from having to manually transfer Shopify orders and automatically removes all parts from the BOM from our inventory. Highly recommended!

Desvantagens

There aren't many, if any things we've come up against yet that Katana didn't support.

Resposta de Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback!

Respondido em 13/02/2020
Joshua P.
  • Setor: Armazéns
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

Avaliado em 19/05/2020

The best for small manufacturing

Vantagens

KatanaMRP has really helped me know what to order, and when to order it, as well as plan what comes next in manufacturing. It even lets me add time to tasks in production so I can monetarily make sure employees are being efficient enough for my company to remain profitable.

Definitely recommend. I wish I would have found them sooner.

Desvantagens

Sometimes the app logs me out and I have to put the information in twice.

Elle R.

Avaliado em 14/05/2020

Cannot recommend this app enough

Honestly has changed my life for the better. I'm no longer running out of supplies and having to do emergency orders (hello, extra shipping fees!). This keeps me organized and helps me to better my time management. I can see every open order that I need to fulfill and planning out supply orders is a breeze. I've recommended this app to every other maker I know because I am that in love with it. I'll use this app for the rest of my life because it is the best thing that's happened to my business in a long time.

Vantagens

This software legitimately changed the way my business runs. It keeps me accountable for the hundreds of supplies I use on a daily basis and keeps me organized in a way that no lists, or other apps, ever have.

Desvantagens

I can honestly say nothing, this app works so seamlessly and wonderfully. Maybe the load speeds can be a little laggy, but that's mostly because I have a lot of materials I've input. Definitely not an app downfall or issue at all.

Resposta de Katana MRP

Thank you for the support!

Danny D.
  • Setor: Fabricação elétrica/eletrônica

Avaliado em 14/05/2020

Great alternative MRP to its expensive competitors

Katana has completely solved our supply line issues and it is an amazing tool that enables you to visualize production issues and bottlenecks.

Vantagens

I love graphical representation and its ease of use. It took less than a week to get my company up and running. Katana has been a fantastic MRP that has been able to grow with us. They have added some important updates that have made its daily operation even easier. All things considered Katana was a great choice for my company!

Desvantagens

Sometimes it slows in operation which is mildly annoying. This could probably be fixed with some more servers in our geographic region.

Callee A.
  • Setor: Atacadistas
  • Usado Diariamente durante Avaliação gratuita

Avaliado em 26/05/2020

Great for small but growing handmade biz!

Vantagens

Just completed the free 14 day trial of Katana and have now begun a paid subscription. It took a few days and a bit of frustration to manually add all our products, ingredients, recipes, and current pending wholesale orders from outside of shopify, but having the shopify integration helped a lot. We use three different wholesale platforms (Faire, tundra & Abound), none of which offer automated third party integrations, so we knew we’d have to manually input orders and Katana serves that purpose as our centralized dashboard to see what needs to go out, when, from which platform, if we have it in stock, when we can make it, etc. In two weeks, we’ve already seen an increase in production efficiency and decrease in wholesale turnaround times now that EVERYTHING is being tracked in one place. Highly recommend Katana if you’re a maker, it’s never too early to implement automated systems in your biz!

Desvantagens

Glitches with accurate purchase prices showing up in overall product list. Described it to customer service and they denied it being a problem. That’s the only problem I’ve encountered so far. Tbh on customer support quality.

Resposta de Katana MRP

Hi! Thank you for your feedback and we'll make sure to work out any glitches that have occurred along the way. Happy making!

Respondido em 17/06/2020
David A.

Avaliado em 18/06/2020

Just what I needed

Overall I have been very pleased. I know have a solid grasp of my inventory and am informed when I need to reorder materials. This has been a real game changer for my business and has allowed us to scale our manufacturing.

Vantagens

Katana integrates with my Shopify Site very easily and makes bundling products on my Shopify so much easier to track.

We also make candles and kits in house. Katana makes tracking inventory so much easier allowing me to know without guess or counting my materials how much of any particular object I can produce at any given time.

Desvantagens

It would be nice if there were barcodes, but I hear feature is coming soon. It would also be nice if I sell out of an object that is apart of a bundle that it would then make the bundle unavailable on my shopify site. I believe this is also in the works.

Resposta de Katana MRP

Thank you for the review! Indeed, both mentioned features are on our roadmap.

Respondido em 21/07/2020
Kelsey K.
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico
N/D

Lifechanging

We make to order and we make to stock. We make standardized products and we also make private label custom products. Katana is the first platform I have found that supports what we do while also being affordable for a new business.

Vantagens

Katana delivers a lot of value. It fully covers my MRP needs while being affordable to a scaling business.

Desvantagens

I would also like an option to dropship the products that I make for clients and I don't see a way to do that.

Cecilia V.
  • Setor: Fabricação elétrica/eletrônica
  • Usado Mensal durante 6 a 12 meses

Avaliado em 15/05/2020

Katana Make Production Visible

It has been a very positive experience, putting joy in my work.

Vantagens

I love this software because of the ease of use and the workflow methodology. The drill down ability for stock and manufactured items are great. We have managed to get a lot more information on staff productivity through exporting complete manufacture orders data and reporting. I also love it that support is real and that I now know some of the team personally. They answer queries fast and efficiently.

Desvantagens

All the current issues I have are in development.
For example:
1. Adding landing costs to purchase order items
2. Multi Currency
3. Back Order information

Kyle L.
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

Avaliado em 16/12/2020

Great MRP tool, some flaws but very responsive and receptive customer service and dev team

Great MRP for small manufacturers. I find that Katana saves a lot of time and makes it easy to track inventory. Saves me many "counting" trips to different locations.

Vantagens

Super easy to use, pricing is more clear and streamlined than when we started. Support is great; not always the quickest but 1-2 days usually gets us a thorough and well covered answer to our questions. You can send them suggestions and they will tally in to their dev schedule. Saves a lot of time and nice to be able to access it from any computer.

Desvantagens

There currently (2020) is no option to add fixed costs to POs. This makes tracking cost of inventory a little tougher. I also cannot edit PO templates. Having these features would make cost tracking and insurance claims easier. There is also no support for contractor per unit manufacturing but a simple way to get around this would be to set contractor tasks and payment by the hour and make each unit take 1 hour to finish. This does though make it difficult to track time if you need to track how long production will take. Fortunately we have a good idea of how long something will take without the help of Katana.

Resposta de Katana MRP

Thank you for your feedback and glad to see you are getting value from Katana. We have also noted down your suggestions.

Jeff H.
  • Setor: Roupa e moda

Avaliado em 16/12/2020

Katana has made a huge improvement to our business process!

I was extremely happy to find this app after months of struggling to keep track (using a spreadsheet) of current quantity for

1.) In stock blank shirts (various colors and sizes)
2.) Ordered blanks (various colors, sizes, and suppliers)
3.) Sales of finish products (various styles, colors, sizes, and designs.)

Making a Purchase Order list took way to long to complete each day. With Katana, tracking what we have and what we needed got so much easier and I was able to focus on more important business decisions. Before Katana I was over and under ordering ingredients.

I would recommend this app to anyone who uses Shopify and wants to make managing inventory of raw materials, ingredients, and sales orders easier.

Vantagens

Improved our ability to track shared ingredients for the products we sell.
Easy to know what quantity of ingredients to buy and who to buy it from.
Connects to Shopify and updates automatically.
Amazing customer support.

Desvantagens

It took some time to learn the software and create ingredients for each product - but is worth while.

Thank you!

Danielle D.
  • Setor: Engenharia mecânica ou industrial
  • Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses

Avaliado em 27/01/2020

Helped Us Take Our Business to the Next Level

Vantagens

Clean interface, well organized and thought out and modern in its features. Integrates well with lots of other software I use, including Quickbooks and Shopify. Customer service is absolutely top notch, and the tutorials are very helpful.

Desvantagens

If you have zero experience with MRPs like I did, it may take you a little while to figure everything out. But the customer service team really goes above and beyond to answer any questions and walk you through anything you're having issues with. If there was one feature I wish was available that is not currently, it's barcode scanner integration. That would make updating my inventory and adding new knives to inventory much easier.

Resposta de Katana MRP

Thank you for the review and support! We are surely working on enabling barcode scanning soon.

Respondido em 30/01/2020